Petrovka Street is one of the many old streets radiating from the Kremlin. The street takes its name after the St. Peter’s (Vysoko-Petrovsky) Monastery located at the top of the hill. A visit to this 14th century church will give you a unique insight into the Orthodox past of Russia. Its history is connected with the name of the Russian Tzar Peter the Great and Naryshkin family, the maternal relatives of Peter.
Petrovka street is between the Bolshoi Theatre and the monastery. It’s a cozy very old narrow street. It used to be a busy street with loads of fashion shops owned by foreigners including the Mur and Merilise department store. There is still a big trading Petrovsky passage with lots of shops. Nobles’ mansions, hotels, famous wine traders were all located here. Petrovka street has been characterized as ”a piece of Paris in Moscow.”
During the tour you will marvel at the different architectural styles that stand together in harmony in this small neighborhood and perhaps even visit one of its many cafes.
- $70 per person starting from 2 guests
- 3 hours of guide service including pick up and drop off at the hotel
- Subway tickets
- Please indicate preferred pick up time and place
- This tour is a private walking tour with the use of subway
- Please dress in accordance with the weather conditions
Booking and cancellation policy:
- We recommend to make the booking 7-15 days in advance during the peak season from May to September
- Booking of the tour can be made not less than 3 days prior to the date of the tour
- After the tour is booked the cancellation charge of 8% of the total amount will be applied
- There will be no refund for the cancellation of the tour made less than 48 hours prior to the booked tour
- Change of the date of the tour can be done within 48 hours prior to the tour date without any charge
- All cancellations or change of dates can be done by phone or email