Located outside of St. Petersburg, Peterhof is in the list of must-see places during your summer visit to St. Petersburg. This Imperial Estate is one of the most popular and famous not only in Russia, but in the whole world. As a former residence of the Russian monarchs, Peterhof brings together the finest achievements in national and international culture. The architecture and decor of Peterhof reflects all of the artistic styles of the past as well as the personal tastes and preferences of every Russian monarch.
Peter the Great planned Peterhof as a royal residence. “I’m going to outshine Versailles,” declared Peter and so he did. Peterhof is usually called the “Russian Versaille” because of its beauty and complexity. The Lower Park is the most famous part of the entire complex and is decorated with many handsome palaces and sculptures. The fountains will amaze you!
The most famous ensemble of fountains, the Grand Cascade, is really 64 different fountains and numerous bronze statues, bas-reliefs, and other decorations. The range and diversity of fountains is astounding – from the monumental ensembles like the Chess Cascade and the Pyramid Fountain, to the ever-popular Joke Fountains. Watch your step, if you step on a particular paving stone here you will be sprayed!
Peterhof is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is included in the state register of the most valuable cultural objects of the Russian Federation and proudly bears the title of one of the “Seven Wonders of Russia.”
- $190 per person starting from 2 guests
- Daily from May to September
- 4 hours of guide service including pick up and drop off at the hotel
- Return transfers by modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to the park and one of the palaces
Booking and cancellation policy:
- We recommend to make the booking 7-15 days in advance during the peak season from May to September
- Booking of the tour can be made not less than 7 days prior to the date of the tour
- After the tour is booked the cancellation will incur a 30% cancellation fee of the total amount as the entrance tickets are non-refundable
- There will be no refund for the cancellation of the tour made less than 48 hours prior to the booked tour
- Change of the date of the tour can be done within 48 hours prior to the tour date with 30% penalty
- All cancellations or change of dates can be done by phone or email
- Please indicate preferred pick up time and place
- Please dress in accordance with the weather conditions