The Moscow Metro is primarily a subway, but it is also an underground museum. The metro system consists of 12 lines and 206 stations. Forty-four of them are listed as cultural heritage sites. It’s well worth the visit to go down to see these for yourself. Take a break from onion domes and museums and mix with Muscovites of the present day. The stations abound with chandeliers, mosaics, bronze statues, and multicolored marble facings.
These artistic works were created by laborers, a volunteer force of workers, artists, and engineers who were active immediately before and after World War II. Each station is unique and the design reflects the names of the stations. The metro has also saved people’s lives by serving as a bomb shelter during WWII.
- $55 per person starting from 2 guests
- 2 hours of guide service including pick up and drop off at the hotel
- Subway tickets
- Please indicate preferred pick up time and place
- This tour is a private walking tour with the use of subway
- Please dress in accordance with the weather conditions
Booking and cancellation policy:
- We recommend to make the booking 7-15 days in advance during the peak season from May to September
- Booking of the tour can be made not less than 3 days prior to the date of the tour
- After the tour is booked the cancellation charge of 8% of the total amount will be applied
- There will be no refund for the cancellation of the tour made less than 48 hours prior to the booked tour
- Change of the date of the tour can be done within 48 hours prior to the tour date without any charge
- All cancellations or change of dates can be done by phone or email