Entering the Kremlin walls you will feel the country’s past and present. The Kremlin is an old fortress, the most important historical and political center of Russia. Today, it is also the seat of the Russian president. Your walking tour of the Kremlin will include all of the most important sites. You will see the Kremlin’s compositional center – the beautiful Cathedral Square. It was the place for coronations of the Russian rulers. Here the heads of the Russian Church, metropolitans and patriarchs were chosen, foreign ambassadors were received, church processions took place, and theatrical mysteries were enacted.
You will visit the three main cathedrals. The Assumption was the church where coronations took place. The Annunciation was the site used for royal weddings. The Archangel Michael is the site where Russian monarchs are buried. It feels like the royal circle of life was being choreographed here on a tiny square.
The Annunciation Cathedral was also the site of a well known story about Ivan the Terrible and his seven wives. Ivan had married four of them officially in the Annunciation Cathedral. But when his next wedding was to take place, the church refused to let him in for the ceremony and he was left standing on the porch.
- $115 per person starting from 2 guests
- Daily except Thursday
- 3 hours of guide service including pick up and drop off at the hotel
- Entrance fees to the Kremlin including the cathedrals
- Subway tickets
Booking and cancellation policy:
- We recommend to make the booking 7-15 days in advance during the peak season from May to September
- Booking of the tour can be made not less than 3 days prior to the date of the tour
- After the tour is booked the cancellation will incur a 60% cancellation fee of the total amount as the entrance tickets are non-refundable
- There will be no refund for the cancellation of the tour made less than 48 hours prior to the booked tour
- Change of the date of the tour can be done within 48 hours prior to the tour date with 60% penalty
- All cancellations or change of dates can be done by phone or email
- Please indicate preferred pick up time and place
- This tour is a private walking tour with the use of subway
- Please dress in accordance with the weather conditions