You will learn more about the history of St. Petersburg’s Jewish community on this tour. From the era of Peter the Great to today, the Jewish community has faced difficulties and hard times. The Revolution brought great opportunity and equality to the Russian Jews when the Pale of Settlement was abolished.
We will remind you about Stalin’s repressions and the victims of WWII. We will visit sites associated with the famous Jewish composer and pianist Anton Rubinshtein and the genius artists – Isaac Levitan and Marc Chagal. We will also visit one of the most beautiful Synagogues in Europe. Untouched by the Bolsheviks, the Big Choral Synagogue been continuously active from the time it was built in 1893.
|Translation language||English, German, French|
- $165 per person starting from 2 guests
- 4 hours of guide service including pick up and drop off at the hotel
- Transportation by modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fee to the Russian Museum of Ethnography (except Monday)
Booking and cancellation policy:
- We recommend to make the booking 7-15 days in advance during the peak season from May to September
- Booking of the tour can be made not less than 3 days prior to the date of the tour
- After the tour is booked the cancellation will incur a 8% cancellation fee of the total amount
- There will be no refund for the cancellation of the tour made less than 48 hours prior to the booked tour
- Change of the date of the tour can be done within 48 hours prior to the tour date
- All cancellations or change of dates can be done by phone or email
- Please indicate preferred pick up time and place