St Trinity Sergius Monastery in Sergiev Posad has been the place of holy pilgrimage for the Russian people since its foundation in the 14th century.
This is the place to see all sorts of representatives of the modern Russian Orthodoxy, from somber monks to colorful pilgrims. The monastery’s diverse architecture, gilded icons and the golden domes, creates an impressive background to the religious life of today. The heart of Holy Trinity Lavra is the Holy Trinity Cathedral. The interior, lit by oil lamps, is covered in icons that are largely the work of the great medieval painter Andrei Rublev. St Trinity Sergius Monastery features the grave of the first Bishop of Alaska.
Sergiev Posad is also the birthplace of the Russian Matreshka. A visit to this town presents an opportunity for shopping for local souvenirs.
- $270 per person starting from 2 guests
- 6 hours of guide service including pick up and drop off at the hotel
- 6 hours of car/van including pick up and drop off at the hotel
- Entrance fees and private touring
- Subway tickets
- Please indicate preferred pick up time and place
- This tour is a private walking tour with the use of subway
- Please dress in accordance with the weather conditions
Booking and cancellation policy:
- We recommend to make the booking 7-15 days in advance during the peak season from May to September
- Booking of the tour can be made not less than 3 days prior to the date of the tour
- After the tour is booked the cancellation will incur a 60% cancellation fee of the total amount as the entrance tickets are non-refundable
- There will be no refund for the cancellation of the tour made less than 48 hours prior to the booked tour
- Change of the date of the tour can be done within 48 hours prior to the tour date with 60% penalty
- All cancellations or change of dates can be done by phone or email